Child has emotional behaviour, grumpy when hungry, varying levels on glucose meter. Exercise alters?

I tested my 8 year old sons blood on a glucose reader last night and it was 10.9, the reason for the test was emotional behaviour that this is not consistent with his normal attitude. I also see a real grumpy side to him if he gets hungry. I tested his blood today and it ranged from 5.1-9.9, Don't want to be the overreacting parent who rushes to the doctor, no other typical symptoms of diabetes, excess thirst, weight loss, he is always hungry though. Can exercise affect a glucose reading?
Thoughts on visiting our doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013