Child has elevated blood CO2 levels, constipation, pebble like stools, bloated stomach

Looking for some thoughts on my daughter. She is an overall perfectly healthy 7 year old. She is 48 tall and currently weighs 73 lbs ( Overweight , I know) She has been heavy since birth and her weight has leveled off somewhat over the years. At ages 2-3 she pretty much quit eating and put on 12 lbs in under 6 mo. After food logs and blood work. Her blood Co2 levels came back elevated. We made an appointment to see an Endo, but insurance dropped and we were unable to make the appointment. She started eating regularly not long after the blood work and the weight gain has only been about 10 lbs a year since. My daughter does NOT eat much at all, (less than 1000 calories a day on average) I try to keep her active. She has had constipation issues since a year old. Not so much in frequency but in that she has small pebble like poop that is very light to almost pasty in color. It is hard for her to get it out often. Also she has occasional stomach discomfort, and her tummy seems quite bloated. We ve talked to the doctor and the doc suggested myralax but it doesn t really seem to do much. Since she is generally very healthy and it does not really affect her day to day life we haven t persued it past mentioning it to the doc. but I can t shake the nagging feeling that something isn t quite right.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012