Child has dry patch with red circle on the temple that seems to be increasing. Should I be concerned?

My 1 year old daughter has a 1/2 inch oval patch of dry skin with a red circle around it that seems to be growing over the last week (started out as just 2mm in diameter when I noticed it) on her right temple. Since it has been getting bigger (1/2 inch), the red circle seems more prominent, and had me concerned. Is this something I should worry about? I put a little hydrocortizone cream on it this morning.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013