Child has dizziness, fatigue, pain in right side. Related to hormone?

My 9 year old daughter came home from school and said that she had to go to the nurse today during P.E. because she, all of a sudden, felt hot, started sweating, and felt like she needed to sit down. I m guessing there was some dizziness . It s not dehydration because she drank a ton of water before, during, and after P.E. class. She has no fever and almost feels like cold sweats. She is also complaining of extreme fatigue like she can t keep her eyes open. She has some pain in her right side (like right above her hip bone ) that hurts more when she coughs. She says it feels like a muscle ache and isn t too bad. She has no other symptoms (no nausea, stuffy nose, sore throat, sinus pain, etc.) so I feel like it s not a common cold or the flu. I m wondering if it could be hormone related as she seems to be developing early (some underarm and pubic hair, body odor , t-zone pimples) and it almost seems like she s having a hormone surge or something. I also worry that it could be thyroid as I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at 19 and both my mother and maternal grandmother are hypothyroid. I also am concerned about diabetes as that runs in our family as well. She is overweight, carries her weight in her stomach, urinates frequently and seems to always be thirsty. She just doesn t feel well but the symptoms are so vague that I m having trouble figuring it out. Thanks for your help. --Melissa
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012