Child has difficulty in sleeping due to fever, taking ibuprofen, gets twitches on falling asleep. Emergency?

Hi, I have a 17 month old boy. This evening at 9 pm he spiked a fever of 102.7. I gave ibuprofen and the fever got down to 100.7 within 15-20 minutes. He ate milk and went to sleep at 10 pm. He woke up at 1 am and wouldn t go back to sleep. At around 2.20 he again had 102.7 fever. I gave paracetamol , the fever went to 103.8 and then went very slowly to 102.2. It s now 5 am and child is trying to go to sleep but when he seems to fall asleep he twitches and wakes up again. He did not cry, he is rather playful when awake, no sings of pain. Shall I call an ambulance or wait until morning and see how he is? Thank you for your quick answer, I am scared he might have something urgent.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012