Child has difficulty holding pencil, not interested in studies, change in behavior

My son is 3 years and 6 months old. He is in nursery class and was very good in play school but now he is not interested in studies, i understand that he is not that big to take interest in studies but he hardly hold pencil. Also we have noticed a change in his behavior, he shout at us and if we try to correct him he raise his hand to beat us. He has become very stubborn and spoiled. I do not know how to tackle him, even if i speak with him nicely and give enough time to him he try to take advantage of that by demanding something which is not required. My email address is YYYY@YYYY . please advise me.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
thanks for your query.
I appreciate your concern,toddlers sometimes behave like this.I suggest you to give him time out,ignore his behavior,try to be patient with him try to indulge him in some constructive work.try to spent time with him.
regarding his inability to hold pencil,this could be a part of hid disinterest,observe if he is clumsy otherwise.any problem in gait,holding other things like toys,In case you observe some finding take him to pediatrician.
Wishing your son good health.
God bless