Child has difficulty concentrating, getting distracted. What can I do?

Hello, My son is studying engineering now, and he has been known to be a really bright student in school. He went to study outside of the country for about 2years, he didn t as good as we expected so we brought him back . This is his first year in college here, but, again, he is not doing very well either. He is never concentrating and always gets distracted. What can I do? He is my only child. Please help me.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Feb 2013
Children will listen to parents during childhood. But during the adolescence and at the end of adolescence there are many distractions for them like friends, movies, internet because of their own interests and hormonal changes. Parents also should understand this stage and you should behave as a friend and you should divert him towards setting one goal and make him to reach goal. You should explain him what is the correct path. If you still feel you can go for counselling with clinical psychologist.
Urologist Dr. P. T. Patil's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query .Your only son who is otherwise brilliant is unable to concentrate on his studies is something to be worried about..It appears that he has some Psychological Problem which neither he. nor you can explain and understand.It will be better if you consult some Psychiatrist for proper evaluation and councilling,Please do not worry he should be alright once he is under treatment of Psychiatrist.