Child has diarrhea, stool become soft yellow to brown, bleeding. Is it serious?

My 1yr old has had diarrhoea for 4 days. Approx 6-8 times a day. Sometimes she ll go hours without passing stool . Other times it s 2-3 in an hour. The consistency of her stool ranges from soft yellow seedy mustard to brown, and just today with a bit of blood . We just returned from the gp & sent a sample for investigation. She is otherwise happy & healthy. Appetite is good. Eats & drinks well. No fever . Is her diarrhoea serious & what should we do while waiting for results?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012