Child has diarrhea during night along with vomiting. No medication till now. What to do?

My 7yr old son has been having diarrhea only during the night for past week & vomiting the last 2 nights in the middle of the night. He seems fine during the day but decreased appetite and by evening doesn't eat at all. Then he wakes up in the night with diarrhea. One week ago I had him at the dr for a rash covered his arms legs and torso, but no other symptoms until that night the diarrhea started. The rash has been gone for about 3 days now.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013