Child has diarrhea. Is he lactose intolerant or does he have E.coli infection?

I have a 19 month boy who I think has E. Coli . We were at the lake and he was swimming and drank a lot of lake water, only for us to be told after two weeks that the water there was contaminated. He got sick the day after we came back from the lake. He has had awful diarrhea for two weeks now. Every time he seems like he s better and I resume feeding him, he gets diarrhea again. Or maybe he is lactose intolerant? The doctor I took him to, three times, says don t blame the lake he probably just has the flu . I m just not sure what I should do!
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012