Child has diarrhea. Given Flagyl. Black, stringy worms in stool. Low appetite

I have a16 mth old baby. She has had severe diarrhea for about five mths. She has gone from the 97th percentile down to the 10th and she has been hospitalized 4 times in 5 mths for dehydration . My doctor has given her flagyle to help with the diarrhea. She has had two diarrhea diapers today and she has what appear to be black stringy worms in her diapers. I have no idea what these are. She has very little appetite and we are doing everything we can to get her to drink.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012