Child has diaper rash, steroids ineffective. Biopsy worth it?

My 17 month old has sufferred from a diaper rash for almost 13 months now. Multiple Dr s visits, dermatologists as well. Multiple steroids and combinations have been used. New thought it that it could be diaper psoriasis . They want to take a biopsy of a small area and close it with a stitch . Trying to get some more information on napkin psoriasis and whether this biopsy is worth it and may provide a definitive answer. Some people are telling me she s too young to have it.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012