Child has dermatitis in eyebrow. Used Nizoral. Are probiotics safe to use?

Last September my 14 year old daughter developed a form of dermatitis in her left eyebrow only. She started using Nizoral shampoo last October as recommended by a Pharmacist. I have looked online to research the subject and it appears that it may be fungal related. I ordered Terrasil Anti-Fungal cream from U.S. She used this in conjunction with Nizoral but there doesn t seem to be any improvement. Last week I decided to try her on probiotics (UDO s Choice super 8 - 30 billion viable cells) in conjunction with La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST. Her skin appears to be slightly improved after a week. Are the probiotics safe to use for this problem or is there a particular probiotic that may be more suitable to attack over production of yeast which is probabley causing this problem. She hasn t seen a doctor regarding this problem. I would be grateful for any advice you can offer on this subject. Thank-you. Margaret Kelly
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013