Child has depression, feels sad, stopped playing. Should I go to emergency?

Hi, my son is almost 13. He is suffering from depression , we have seen a therapist twice. He seemed to be okay. All of a sudden, or at least it seemed that way to me, he has gotten worse. He doesn t know how to explain how he is feeling, but I can see he is very sad. He said all he wants to do is stay in bed and snowboard. He plays competetive hockey and doesn t want to do that now. My question is should I go to emerg or wait to speak with my family doctor on Monday? He says he just wants it to stop. He can t explain it. I believe it is how he is feeling.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I understand your concern.
Moon swings are common in adolescent age group.There could be various reasons for this.
This could be due to some problem in school or with friends or family.
Try to be patient with him,try to speak to him.
Try to divert his attention by taking him out or playing with him.

Relax you can wait till monday,there is no need to take him to emergency

Wishing your child good health.
God bless,