Child has dent in front of tibia, hurts when pressed, no swelling or bruising. Should I be worried?

My son (12) just asked me about a small dent in the front of his tibia . It hurts if he presses on it, but there is no pain, swelling , bruising, or injury associated with it. I have always had similar dents in the middle front of the shin bone. I probably noticed them first about age 10, they have never gone away and never caused any problems. Is this something we should actually be worried about?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012