Child has damaged optic nerve after ATT treatment. Can stem cell regeneration help?

: Hello Dr. Last year in September, my Daughter 7 yrs. now got suffered from Meningitis and Doctors gave her ATT treatment and unfortunately her optic nerve got damaged.Since than her ATT medication is going ( RIFAMPCIN syrup daily morning 5ml ).Her vision is stable at this time, it is not getting worse. she is able to locate things, she can read/write only if written big and bolded. I read about stem cell regeneration, so can this help our daughter to be a normal child who can play, go to school like she was earlier. other Medicines she is taking - 1. Citicoline(strocit 500mg) daily 1 tablet 2. Complaminaretard daily 1 tablet 3. Benadon 1 tablet twice in a day 4. Neurobiam 1 tablet daily afternoon I read about the research going on for optic nerve regeneration. Request you to consider my daughter s case also and help us Is this treatment possible for her or any treatment which help her to lead a normal life, atleast she can read/write with help of glasses etc. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012