Child has cylindrical power in eye. Will wearing glasses continuously reduce power?

My 7 year old son has been diagonised for having -0.75 cylindrical power in right eye. His Left eye vision is normal. Doctor has advised to wear glasses regularly. We have got him the glasses today for him. My Question is - 1. If he wears glasses regularly - say for an year or two, will his cylindrical power come down, so that he can remove the glasses ? 2. What excercises and diet do you suggest for curing his cylindrical power ?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012