Child has coughing, vomiting, fever, breathless, rapid heartbeat, foam in mouth. Treatment?

Hello. My 7 year old had a tough night last night with coughing and vomiting. Treated it otc with some Walgreens cold/ flu medication. This morning, at advice of pediatrician (friend) used Benadryl to rule out coughing as the reason for vomiting (tickle in throat). It worked. Now, 18 hrs later, he has 101 temp, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat and keeps coming up with foam in his mouth that he has to expectorate in order to do anything oral? I just gave him Motrin to break fever and slow hearbeat (i think they re symbiotic) but am concerned about the breathing and the foam
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012