Child has cough, wheezing, given prospan, duolin nebulizer, parent asthmatic. Right medicine?

Hi doc, my 17 mth old daughter has had quite a serious cough and a bit of wheezy chest. We have given her prospan which is a natural cough syrup but have also tried to give her 2.5 mg of duolin in a nebulizer. I have been asthmatic for almost 28 yrs and I can remember being her age an having nebulizers. However, was administering the duolin a good choice or is there perhaps an alternative? (Jon Atkinson, South Africa)
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013