Child has cough in the morning. No fever. Okay to swim in indoor pool?

Hi, My 11 year old daughter has a small cough . It is an early allergy season for us and we are all feeling the effects! She coughs mostly in the morning when she wakes to clear her throat . Would it be okay for her to swim at an indoor pool with high humidity? Our house is dry and I thought the humidity might help. She says she doesn t feel bad at all and has no fever . Thank you for your help!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Yes ,she can swim if the cough is only allergic!
But again beware of any chemicals that they use in swimming pool that can cause allergy.
Humidity helps some and may not be helpful always.
You can try.
Good luck