Child has cough, cold, running nose. Prescribed Ambrolite and Ventorlin. Which medicine is better?

My 26 month old son has cough and cold (running nose, wheezing ) for almost a week now. My Pediatrician had prescribed Ambrolite-D and Ventorlin syrup, quite sometime back for similar symptoms, and hence I started the same medication this time. He is fine and active till evening, however, at night, he tends to vomit , which sometimes help him, also the wheezing is reduced. I have also been giving him warm water to drink. Although, his condition improved, I decided to consult another doctor. She told me not to give both Ambrolite-D and Ventorlin syrup together. However, she prescribed : Azithral syrup and Actifed syrup along with neb. (levolin 0.63 ml, 4-6 hrly for 5 days). I did not give nebuliser to my son, however, started with the rest of the medicines. But now, he has been coughing badly, and is not able to spit the phlegm which initially he was able to. I would like to know: 1. Which medication is better and why? 2. How do these medicine help in getting the phlegm out of children s body ?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013