Child has cough, cold, fever, taken injection, enlarged tonsils. Worried

hello!! I m a little worried as my 4 yrs old niece is suffering from frequent cough and cod along with fever . doctors are saying that she is suffering from a problem of adenoid gland due to which she always breathes by opening her mouth and also she has got her both the tonsils enlarged as a result of which she is attacked by cough and cild very frequently. Yesterday she was hospitalised and a bottle of saline was given as she was suffering from high fever and was not taking any food for last 8 days. the treatment is followed by three injections today at an interval of 6 hrs. Doctor has suggested operation of tonsils as well as adenoid gland. we are really worried . Your esteemed advice is expected, please help.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012