Child has cough, cold, fever, redness in ear. Given Vetorlin and Teczine. Appropriate treatment?

My son is 3 years 9 months and has developed severe cough and cold . He was also having fever for past two days and mild redness inside his left ear. We have relocated and the doctor has prescribed Vetorlin syrup (thrice daily) and Teczine Syrup (twice daily) for 5 days. He is susceotible to catching cold easily and his earlier doctor used to prescribe Augnmentin Duo and Atarax coupled with levolin through nebuliser. I m concerned which is more appropriate treatment and if Ventorlin and Teczine are too strong medicines?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013