Child has cough, chest tightness, high SPO2 level. Should Budesonide be given long-term?

My child is 2yrs 9mnths.she suffered from cough and chest tightness 2 times this month.on 2nd Jan her SPO2 level was 94 and was given 50mcg hydrocortisone inj.and was under antibiotics and neblsn.she was better after 7 days.on 14th jan her cough again increased again started neblsn and had otitis media and started antibiotics for 10 days again.she is on singular for 4months and her doc advised budesonide 200mcg for 1month after 100mcg for 2mnths. I m worried to give steroid for long.Totally she got this problem 4 times in 2yrs 9 months.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013