Child has cough before sleeping. Prescribed KidPred. Is it safe?

My 2 and 1/2 yr old daugher has been suffering from cough since 1 month.Peculiar thing about the cough was, she used to get it just before the sleep time and the entire duration of the cough was not more that 30 min. I consulted my pediatrician and he prescribed Asthalin syrup and Lasma tablet.After 5 days of medication also she still had the same cough so he has prescribed KidPred. After using it for 4 days cough subsided. Now while browsing through internet I see that KidPred is a steroid .Is it safe to use KidPred? Will it have any side effects? Secondly, after the cough has gone , she developed fever for which the pediatrician has given Meftal. After 2 days of using Meftal she had no fever and and no cough..But asuddenly afetr 2 days she developed cough for which he has again given Asthalin and Lasma I m wondering if this type of cough is common or my daughters case is something which needs immediate attention?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013