Child has cough. Diagnosed as asthma. Albuterol inhaler not helping. Cure?

My son has had a cough for a month or longer and day before yesterday it worsened. It was just mainly at night but now it is pretty much constant. We took him to his pediatrician yesterday and he said he thinks it s childhood asthma . He prescribed him an albuterol inhaler . We have given him 4 treatment so far and it doesn t seem to be helping all that much. Should we give it more time or take him to a specialist? Like I said it s pretty much constant and he coughs to the point of vomiting . He is 4 years old and does have allergies as well.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013