Child has continuous cough and cold, recurring ear pain due to fluid inside ear drum. What should be done?

My daughter 5 years has been suffering from cough and cold for the past 1 month. She had tonsils and adenoid surgery last year. Now 10 days back she had ear pain and she was given antibiotic monocef 100 for 1 week. After that she was ok for 2 days but again started complaining of ear pain. We went to ent doctor who told us that her eardrum is red and there is fluid inside. He is telling me to start another antibiotic for another 1 week. What to do .
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012