Child has constipation issues. Taking Mirlax. Has belly and back pain. Cure?

My two year old daughter has always had constipation issues. Whenever I speak to doctors they tell me to just giver some mirlax. However I do not believe that it is normal that my daughter has had constipation issues since birth. Her bowels are mostly pellet form and it is very rare that she has a normal healthy bowel. She is always complaining of her belly and back hurting. She now has the last two days has had what appears to be string like substance in her poop. What do you think this could be and who should I speak to who will actually do something for her to start having normal bowels
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013