It seems that your daughter has a infection.
For 17 kg weight, 6 ml Crocin DS should be sufficient.
Have you checked the expiry date of the medicine? Is the medicine open for long time (>1month) or stored properly (away from light / temperature)?
Anyway, get your baby examined by a pediatrician
Don't change medicines by your own, believe me, you may cause harm to your child - unknowingly and delay in starting proper treatment.
For investigations, let me tell you that there are group of investigations for fever ( of unknown origin /PUO)
1. Blood Count (TC/DC/Platelet count
), Blood Culture
& Sensitivity (if sepsis is suspected)
2. Urine RE /ME (routine and microscopic exam), and C/S (if urinary tract infection
3. Stool RE/ME (for suspected Gastrointestinal infection
4. Malaria parasite (MP- slide / Antigen)
5. Dengue (antigen -NSI/ Antibody -IgE, IgM)
But, unless a doctor see your child, you will be moving round with lot of investigations.
Clinical examinations are the first thing to be done, then any tests (if necessary).
For medicines doses, please follow these -
- dose should be - 15mg/kg body weight.
- dose 10mg / kg body weight.
(The above doses are for your reference only, in case of emergency. Please visit a doctor for any pediatric problems)