Child has congestion, fever, used humidifier, baby rub and saline drop. What should I do?

Hi My daughter is a month old She woke up this morning really congested I called her doctor and he told me that If she is not running a fever that she is okay and no need need to take her in that it s normal for to be congested at this age He told me to buy a humidifier and baby rub and saline drop and use them as needed Well I bought everything and the humidifier seems like it s working She really doesn t have a stuff nose but she does have a lot of mucus in her lungs that she coughs up What should I do and what can I do to help her
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012

Small babies get congested quite often due to the airways being very tiny.
Therefore they require assistance in getting the airways to be block free.

You could continue with saline drops to liquify the mucus and clean with a piece of cotton.Also sometimes baby mucus suckers could be used gently to pull out the mucus.

If she starts running fever and is has breathing problem then get her examined by her doctor.