Child has cold, wheezing, dry cough. Prescribed Bricarex, TDS and nebulization. Help

my daughter is 2.11 yrs old. she is suffering from cold & cough from more than 3 weeks now. there is wheezing & dry cough. she is unable to sleep @ night due to severe & continuous coughing. Doctor had advised Bricarex cough syrup 3ml, TDS dose & nebulization for 3-4 times a day for 7 days but we got it done for 3.5 days cos the saturation level was normal. But, she is still coughing a lot & not eating anything properly. please help.... this happens mostly during season change....
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012

Most common cause of cough at night, disturbing the sleep is wheeze due to constriction of bronchi.

That's why your doctor has advised nebulisation.
And saturation can be normal in many non-severe wheezers. It has nothing to do with the decision to nebulise.
So please take her back to the Pediatrician and get her nebulised. The Pediatrician may even prescribe a short course of steroids as its almost 3 weeks of the illness now.
Also have her throat checked.

If the episodes are frequent, you may ask the Doctor for medicines to prevent such attacks like Montair/ Steroid inhalers.

Hope my answer helps you.