Child has cold, temperature, swollen gland before ear. Took antibiotics, problem persists. Due to teething?

My six year old has had a cold and temperature and one day woke up with a swollen gland before his ear, then a gland on that side of the neck became swollen too. We took him to the doc who said his ears were inflamed and prescribed antibiotics . He went back to the doctor to be checked again a couple of days later and they were fine so was his throat but the glands were still swollen. Now, after one week from finishing the course of antibiotics his glands are still the same. He feels well and eats well. He is teething though on both sides. Could the reason of his still swallen glands be related to that? Thank you in advance for a reply...
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012