Child has cold, cough, varying respiratory rate. Taken antibiotics. Right path?

hello sir , my baby is 42 days old . he is suffering from cough and cold with little respiratory distress and respiratory rate varying from 48 to 54 / min , he had completed antibiotic course (swich 50 ) for 7days but still cough n cold persist , so doc prescribe for Mucolite twice a day 5 drops for 3 days and incase no changes in condition then Augmentin Duo twice a day (2.5ml) to be given. Please guide me if am right way.
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012