Child has cold, cough and fever. White tongue. Breastfed. Recovered from UTI. What would you suggest?

My 10 month old has a cold and cough, and fever now for 5 days. Barely eating, is still breast fed. Tongue is whitish. Docs said just wait, but fever gets high every night... Around 39.5, comes down with paracetamol . She has just recovered from uti where was given a 10 day course of flox, so hesitant to give another antibiotic.... But want her to recover soon. Has become v thin. What Woud you suggest?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012