Child has cold and cough. Eats nothing in sickness. Remedy?

My 2 year old daughter frequently gets cough and cold . She is 10 kg and extremely bad eater. In sickness she eats nothing. Only thing tat works is milk which again causes more mucus formation. Post previous of such infection doc advised laktrum and A to Z . But again she fell ill. I am worried about her frequency of cold and cough.also her diet . Pls suggest do I need to get any check up done . Also wat to feed her.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Dec 2012
Hello Pragyapant,

Thanks for posting on HCM,
Recurrent upper respiratory tract in a toddler may be due to a good number of reasons. She might having a cold allergy or develops a flu and since recurrent simply means she is constantly being exposed to the allergen or virus. I suggest that on your own you should try to see if you can identify those causes first. If your daughter is 2 years and has 10kg then she has a low weight for her age which could be sign of malnutrition. Malnutrition on its own can predispose to immunosuppressive state and hence recurrent infections.
Now you need to consult a pediatrician, usually when a toddler has a recurrent affection, it usually might mean that there is a chronic underlying condition such as immunosuppressive state (due to one of a vast number of diseases). The pediatrician will guide you through getting the child to start eating more.

Hope this helps

Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
first of all you have to find out whether you child is having cold allergy?
the best thing is to avoid cold environment
give your child zinc a hemoglobin count.sometimes anemia can cause loss of appetite
hope this information will be helpful to you
take care