Child has circular indentation on forehead since years. Abnormal fusion?

My 9 year old son has a small, circular indentation on the side of his forehead near the temple. It is about 1/4 cm in diameter and about 1 millimeter deep. The skin appears normal, and there are no known symptoms. The skull seems firm and normal, as is usual. The first time I noticed it was when he was a toddler, maybe about 4 years old. I cannot say with accuracy, however, exactly how long it has been there. It seems to be longstanding and unchanging, but has my curiosity. There are no known injuries to this area. What could this be, an abnormal fusion?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012