Child has chronic ear infections. Taking Augmenting. Has diarrhea. Help

Hi. My 3 year old son has had chronic ear infections since he was born. He has become immune to amoxicillin and omnicef so he is now on augmentin . He is scheduled to have tubes put in his ears and his adnenoids taken out in 3 weeks, but the antibiotics are giving him severe diarrhea . It s like water. He is petty trained enough to go poppy in the potty so he is not getting diaper rash, and pedialyte has kept him hydrated but his school has a policy that they cannot be in school if they have diarrhea.. I tried explaining that it was a side effect of the medicine, but is there anything I can give him to make it stop???
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013