Child has bruises on bottom. Done spinal tap for pneumonia. Bruises getting bigger

I have a 6 month old son, he has some bruises on his lower back closer to his bottem. I first noticed them when he was about 1 month old. At first I thought it was following a spinal tap- he got pnumonia @ 2 weeks old and was hospitalized for a week. He has been healthy since release and gaining well but those bruises not only have not dissapered but I noticed today they are getting bigger. He is held quite alot so it could not be a carseat or swing since he maybe is only in one for a total of 5 to 10min a week?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012