Child has bruise on lower back. Something to be concerned about?

My 3 year old son has an unexplained bruise on his lower back, slightly to the left of his spine . I ve noticed it on and off for a couple of months, but it has always been very small and faded, but tonight I noticed it and it s about the size of a nickel and a little bit darker and purplish. The only logical thing I can think of is that it might be from his carseat? Is this something I should be concerned about?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Yes if it is in the same place it is local irritation.
If it comes in various parts of the body,you have to check his platelets in blood.
If you think it is the car seat ,try to check and adjust because it may be painful!
Good luck