Child has bronchitis. Given Levolin nebulizer. Lungs weakening due to regular dose of Levolin?

My Son is 3.5 yrs old, He is suffering from bronchitis i.e. according to our Doc it is also called as childhood asthma . He gets Cough once in a month during winter and when he gets wheezing we give him levolin nebulizer . In our family nobody has asthma. So according to Dr our son will recover from this once he crosses 5 yrs as his immunity level will increase. My question is by giving him levolin regularly, are we making his lungs weak.? due to this will he suffer asthma for life long. Are there any vaccines or medicines to prevent cold cough? How to increase his immunity?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012