Child has bronchitis. ECO tesh shows hole in heart. How critical is open heart surgery?

I have my 3 and half month old baby and curretnly hospitalised in Doha Qatar Govt hospital he got admited because of Bronchitris issue having SUction in chest during the treatment doctor has suspected his heart propblem they have done ECO tect and found about 17 mm size hole in his heart they are planning for his surgery probabaly next week after full recovery from the virus of Bronchitris I have question in my mind about the surgery they said they will do open surgery and need to know how critical it is for my baby
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012