Child has blood in stool, occasional stomach pains, no improvement with medicines?

hi. I have a 7 year old son who is having blood in his stool . he also says he has pain in his stomach sometimes. please help! He has no history of any problems at all. This just started a few weeks ago when he came to me and said he saw blood in his stool. Since then it has happened about three times a week. When i took him to the doctor he said it was just an infection and gave us some pills, however my son still has blood in his stool.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012