Child has black tongue, excessive salivation. Earlier had ear infection

my 11 month old son developed a slight black tongue during the past two weeks. he had an ear infection during the end of dec and we were using meds for him. i have read that that could be the cause. he is also drewling a lot because of his teeth . there is no change in his behavior. he still has a duracel battery propelling him around, so loss of energy or low feelings. we havent noticed any other change. no fever, no diarrhea . any good ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013