Child has black line across toe, painful. What is it?

My daughter who is 16 and has been working out by running on a treadmil this summer has a black line across her toe . It looks like she had a toe ring on or something. Then today after working out she noticed she has something that looks like a corn forming. She says it hurts a little bit which started last night. Csn you tell me what it could possible be? I can up load a picture if I need to.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012

Thank you for your query.

It would have been better if you had uploaded a picture of the lesion. It is quite possible that a corn is developing which can be painful. I suggest that you consult your doctor who shall examine the lesion and guide you accordingly.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best.