Child has bites on wrist, ear, stomach, hip. Redness, itching. Taken Benadryl. Upset stomach

my daughter complained of several bug bites Sat morning. Two on each wrist and one above her ear on her face. She also had an egg size bite with a red itchy circle around it on the side of her body, between her stomach and hip. We thought nothing of it. Later that evening, she developed a reddened itchy area near her throat and decollete, and also on her upper back. By Sunday lunch time she had spots all over her back and front and it was kreeping up to her face. We gave Benydril and hoped it would be better. It did get a bit better but by 10 pm she went to the hospital with my husband because she had a red flash in her face and on her front and back plus hives up to the middle of her face to her eyes. She had bright red patchy skin, alternating with white areas on her skin, on her face and on her front and back. She had the hives even on her bottom, but not the legs as far as I coudl tell. The ER doctor said it looked like an allergic reaction to something, to give more benydril and a higher dosage since her weight asked for that. This morning she has acne like dots on her face, but no red flash on her body or face, but still some hives on her body. She also complains of a stomach ache and has on Sunday as well. We forgot about the bug bites and didn t mention to the ER doctor. Also we forgot to mention the upset stomach. She is not wanting breakfast as per her usual routine. Says when she stands up her tummy hurts. She is 9 years old.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013