Child has big red marks on legs, no health issue. What is the treatment?

hi my 4yr old has big red marks on his legs started with one leg now the other has some and he wont let me touch them but he is strange anyway he s eating and drinking fine i dont know know what to do he wont go into a doctors because he has a good memory and the time before last he had jabs now he wont go back in please help thanks nicala
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012
hi there,
you haven't mentioned whether these red patches are associated with any symptoms such as scaling or itching,or are increasing in size nevertheless with your description it likely seems to be an allergic reaction to irritants such as nickel as in jewellery,shellfish,animal dander,pollen or exposure to extreme heat or cold.

these patches could be prevented if you can identify the allergen and keep him away from it.application of calamine lotion could give some relief.

it would be better if u consult a dermatologist near by to rule out other causes of the problem