Child has big raw knot on head with small pus bubbles, knot behind ears, neck, prescribed Muprocin. When will they subside?

My 5 year old has a big knot on her head, its raw looking with small puss bubbles on the bump. It started off as a small scab a few days ago and the next time I looked it was a big red/pusy knot on top of the skin. I also noticed a knot under the skin behind both ears, and on the both side of the neck . the Dr gave us Muprocin, and Sulfameth Trimethoprim . When will the knots leave? and the sore go down, or will it pop? What am I suppose to look for, to know if its working?? The knot has hardned up some but she still claims it hurts only been 2 days since went to the Dr and got the meds. Thanks concerned parent.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012