Child has been suffering from fever. Is it possible to have high blood or virus in blood?

I Had a nephew a 1 year old kid his been hospitalized almost every month having fever. recently, his been a month in the hospital, still his not fine he keep on crying the doctors said that he had a problem in the blood he had a high blood. Does it really possible that his just 1 year old and 8 mos. then the other Dr. said that his blood is dirty contain high level of virus as it was examine by the other Dr. We really dont know what going on in my nephew.. I hope you can answer me.
Thank You.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013