Child has bald spots on the head that seem to be red and tender. No relief with cradle cap shampoo. Possible causes?

My 8 year old son has two spots on his head that hair has fallen out and now the spots look red and tender, he had cradle cap as a baby. I was just wondering if this could be something else, i have tried the cradle cap shampoo but this has not helped. I have also tried different shampoos that are for dry scalp but this also has done nothing. I was washing his hair just now and the one spot looked red and when i touched it he said it hurt please help?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012