Child has asthma and recurring cough. Prescribed Singular. Need to worry about side effects?

Hi. My daughter is 4 years old. Few days back we were told that she suffers from childhood asthma as our cough keeps coming back every 2 mths. Also its more so in the nights. Apart from other medicine she has been prescribed to take one singular 4 mg chewable tablet every night. I googled and found out that this medicine has a lot of side effects and many people want this medication to be banned.... do i need to worry abt this?????
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012